St George's Healthcare NHS Trust:
Tel: +44 (0)20 8672 1255
St George's Hospital is situated on Blackshaw Road in Tooting and is well served by road and public transport services. It is within reasonable distance for both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
St George's Hospital is situated on Blackshaw Road which connects to the A24 Tooting High Street. It is easily reached from the M25 junction 10 via the A3, A298 and A24 or the M25 junction 8 via the A217 and A24.
St George's can be accessed by bus from the following routes :-
- Direct link into the hospital :- G1, 493
- From Blackshaw Road :- 155, 264, 280
- From Garratt Lane :- 44, 77, 155, 264, 270, 280, 493, G1, N44
- From Tooting High Street :- 57, 219, 493, N155
- From Tooting Broadway :- Any of the above plus 127, 133, 333, 355, N133,
The nearest underground station is at Tooting Broadway which is on the Northern Line. St George's Hospital is a short walk Tooting Broadway or can be reached directly by G1 and 493 buses that go into the hospital or 155, 264 or 280 buses that stop directly outside in Blackshaw Road. Alternatively St George's can be reached by a very short taxi ride.
The nearest main line station is Tooting Junction with Wimbledon, Balham and Earlsfield within easy reach with a short taxi, bus or tube journey. See below for details of buses that connect to these stations. Tooting Junction is on the London Bridge to Wimbledon line, Earlsfield and Wimbledon is on the main line between Waterloo and the South of England, Balham is on the main line that connects Victoria with Clapham Junction, East Croydon and Gatwick Airport.
Bus links from Network Rail Stations
- Tooting Junction Station - 44, 77, 264, 270, 280, 355 and N44
- Earlsfield Station – 44, 77, 270
- Balham Station – 155, 355, N155
- Wimbledon Station– 57, 219, 493
A Tram terminal is located at Wimbledon station with connecting links to Mitcham, Croydon and onwards to Bromley and New Addington. St George's Hospital can then be reached by a short journey by taxi or route 57 and 219 buses.